St. Hugh’s was established as a mission of St. Patrick’s parish in 1907 in a chapel built on property donated in memory of Hugh McLaughlin (hence our patron saint). We became a parish in 1913. The first school was built in 1925. Church services were held in its basement (larger than the chapel) until 1952 when the new church was completed. The present school was completed in 1956, during a time of great growth in Catholic population in the area (St. Hugh grew to 7000 families). New parishes were formed to the South (St. Elizabeth), East (St. Francis), and West (Holy Name of Jesus) from what had once been St. Hugh, giving us our present size and boundaries. The church was destroyed by fire in 1986, and was restored in accord with the revised Liturgy of Vatican Council II and rededicated in 1987. It was again refurbished in 1998 and in 2013.
+ 001 0231 123 32
All demo content is for sample purposes only, intended to represent a live site. Please use the RocketLauncher to install an equivalent of the demo, all images will be replaced with sample images.